The boys are two months shy of a year old… where did the time go?!? This was an exciting month in the DeLuca household. Here are the highlights:
- They are BOTH standing up on everything. They crawl over to people and start climbing on you and if you hold out your hands they will take them.
- Speaking of standing they LOVE to stand up and look at each other in their room. Their cribs are right next to each other and every morning they first wake up and start talking to each other before they let Steve and I know that they’re ready to be up for the day. Standing in their cribs has made it a little difficult for naps and going to bed at night. Sometimes they just want to play and we end up having to go back and forth to lay them on their backs.
- Not only are they standing but they’re both using the couch and other objects to walk around the room holding onto the object for support. Nathan more so than Anthony.
- They are wearing size 4 diapers
- They are eating bigger pieces of food and food that are more “adult”. They’ll have cottage cheese and waffles with peanut butter, Grandpa DeLuca’s homemade pasta, not to mention eggs… yum. They are getting bored with the food that is fed to them and much prefer feeding themselves with finger foods.
- Anthony and Nathan never crawl around anything, if it’s in their way they crawl over it.
- They eat three meals of solids a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Both Anthony and Nathan got their first hair cuts this month.
- Ga, Ba, Ma, Ya, Da are most of the sounds they’re making. Their favorite word is Dadadadaddadadada. I don’t think they have associated da with Steve or ma with me yet though.
- Nathan is going to be walking any minute. His favorite toy is the little red scooter from Grandma and Grandpa Seacat. He’ll run over to it and just start walking with it back and forth around the room.
- Nathan will stand unsupported by anything for long periods of time. He’ll be standing up on something and then just let go. We hold our breath until he realizes what he’s doing, smiles, and either grabs back onto the object to drops to his butt.
- Nathan is our trouble maker. He knows the word “No”. If you say his name when he’s doing something that he shouldn’t and then say “No”, he’ll look over at you, give a mischievous grin, and go back to doing it.
- Nathan is still very skinny but his little gut is starting to fill out… must be all the cheese we’re stuffing him with. He is a long dude.
- Nathan now has 3.5 teeth. I can see the white of the 4th one about to peek through.
- Nathan still does his signature raptor calls where he’ll just randomly scream-talk. It’s not a hissy-fit type of scream, it’s just the way he’s speaking.
- Nathan can go from a crawling to a sitting position very easily.
- I don’t know how it’s possible but their eyes keep getting prettier and prettier every day. Nathan’s are a little more dramatic than Anthony’s, the outer blue rim is a few shades darker than the inner lighter blue. So gorgeous.
- Nathan has started doing this thing where he’ll move a toy along the ground as he’s crawling like it’s a little toy car and he’s using his imagination that it’s a real thing.
- Nathan will fixate on the top object in a stack and try to just take the top one off.
- Anthony is destructive If he sees a tower that someone has built he’ll rush over, wind up his arm, and smash it down. Then he looks up at you and laughs.
- Anthony loves to listen to us read to him. He’ll crawl over into your lap and snuggle in for a good book.
- Anthony does not like to share his toys. It seems they’re both interested in whatever toy the other one has. So Nathan will be playing with something and Anthony will take it and vice versa. Nathan never really cries about it unless he’s overly tired but Anthony tends to get upset and look over with tears. He’ll soon find out that he’s bigger than Nathan.
- Anthony is fast! He went from not really crawling to racing around the room. I’ll get down on the floor with them and we’ll “race” around the room and Anthony always wins. …doesn’t help that Nathan gets distracted and goes off course to play with a toy.
- No teeth yet for Anthony and I don’t even see any whites of ones about to peek through.
- Anthony loves to take his fingers and drum on his lips. He makes the best sounds.
- Anthony eats with both hands. He literally grabs fists full of food and shoves them both in his mouth at the same time.
- Anthony is still a snuggle bug. He’ll crawl after me crying until I stop and pick him up and snuggle him.
- Anthony is a big guy! Steve weighed them both a couple days ago and Anthony was 3 lbs heavier than Nathan. But I swear he’s all muscle (other than his squeezeable cheeks). Check out these glutes!
- Anthony loves to go and look out the window.
- I still have my linea nigra, it’s definitely faded but still there.
- I’m still breastfeeding every 3 or 4 hours but the boys are typically very distracted. I have to use the hooter hider and not speak at all to keep them focused.
- We lost Keri but we found a new nanny and she is awesome. Ann just finished her first week with the boys and they are so cute around her. Nathan was showing off during her first couple days.
- It’s been a whirlwind having twin boys. The hours go by so fast and the days even faster. Despite having limited time for just the two of us, there is a lot of laughter in our home. We are so happy.
- Football season has started so Steve is in a great mood.