These boys are gorgeous.
The boys had their first experience with class photos! I’m not sure how the photographers did it but they managed to get a few of the boys together that turned out really adorable. We ended up purchasing all 10 photos so we can hang them in our home until next years photos.
I love the picture of the boys holding hands…
Speaking of school, the boys are loving it. They are learning a ton and do a new craft project almost daily. Here’s a summary that the school emailed about about their current activities:
We had a fun week discussing explorers & exploring new things last week. We made wooden boats, paper boats, spotting scopes, a boat decorated with spices (new things to smell) and a collage of new textures. We also read some books about exploration to find new places and animals, and some books we could feel new textures.
The children heard us talk about our 5 senses as we discussed the smelling of the spices, seeing with the spotting scope, feeling the textures with our fingers, hearing songs in music class and tasting
We were very lucky to have such beautiful weather for outside play. We tried to squeeze in as much time on the playground as possible. The next 2 weeks we will be making some Halloween decorations and learning some new poems about pumpkins and ghosts. Most of the class has already caught on to a fun song about a “witch with a pointy hat on her head,” which we are singing with the entire school at Opening Exercises.
Now that the weather is cooler and more of our students are wearing jackets to school, please remember to label them. We encourage the children to be independent when removing their jackets and getting them into the cubbies. You may have heard talk of the “jacket flip,” a technique we use for more independence putting on their jackets. Remembering to push up long shirt sleeves when washing their hands is also being encouraged.
I can’t believe the boys are two and a half years old! They have changed so much in the last couple months and are so much fun to be around. Here are a few of the highlights:
- They are potty trained! At least during the day. There are still a few accidents at night but it’s super easy to throw the sheets in the washer in the morning. If I tell them they’ll get candy in the morning if they’re dry then they typically are. So they can do it, just need the right motivation.
- They both love to help daddy cook. They pretend with some fake food or real pots and pans to make us things like pancakes and blueberry muffins.
- They love to help me put lotion on the “babies” and use the doppler to listen to the heart beats. If you ask them what is in mommy’s belly they say “babies” and if you ask how many they say “one two!”. Nathan and Anthony also think they have babies in their bellies though.
- It must be their age but neither boy listens very well. Going to bed every night has turned into a fight. It’s even tougher now that I’m pregnant because I can’t really wrestle them into their pj’s or pick them up and put them into their room. I hope this passes…
- Speaking of, the terrible two’s are in full swing. Lots of whining, crying, and fighting. That being said it balances out with a lot of smiles, laughter, and hugs. Each night the boys make us give them a hug, a kiss, and an Eskimo kiss.
- We don’t take baths anymore, instead they invade the previously peaceful alone time Steve and I used to have taking showers. They love to sit on the ground and play.
- They love and hate each other. They’re definitely brothers. They are very aware of each other and play, get jealous, laugh, cry, and fight. Everything any close siblings would do…
- They both can count. At least to 3, then they skip 4 and 5 and say “6,7,8,9.10” pretty fast. Somedays they’ll get all 10 digits correctly. Very smart boys.
- Unofficially weighs about 32 lbs. He’ll step on my scale and wait for the readings.
- Anthony is a lot bigger than his brother. I’d say he’s got about 4 inches on him and over 4 pounds.
- So particular! He is a little obsessive. It’s so strange to see. He has his Aunt Sara’s conniption about tags. He’ll cry and fight to get a tshirt off if it has a tag, until someone cuts it off. He refused to try on shoes the other day because of the price tag on the shoes.
- Anthony will yell at Nathan is Nathan is doing something that would make Steve or I upset.
- favorite song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Anthony loves to sing.
- Theme Song: “Knee Knee Knee Knee Anthony”
- Anthony is an awesome eater. He’ll eat almost anything we put in front of him. He likes salads (even arugula and kale)
- He’s a stuffed animal guy still. Loves his “teddy” the most followed by “puppy” and “donkey”
- Anthony is so caring. He worries about Nathan. If Nathan cries Anthony will give him whatever the thing was to make him happy again (toy, drink, food). And he thinks about him when Anthony is cold he’ll ask for a shirt for Nathan too.
- He weighs in at a whopping 28 lbs (according to our scale). He is a little one but so strong. Probably still not on the growth charts.
- Nathan is talking, not just in complete sentences, but in complete stories. He streams a number of sentences together to tell us what is going on in his little life. He is non-stop talking. He’ll also use words like “I”, “me”, “my”, “this”, “that” which is amazing to me.
- His joke-ster personality is coming out in full force. He loves to tease Anthony. Check out the video of Nathan telling Anthony that his name was Nate. Anthony gets so upset and Nathan keeps egging him on. I think it’s a sign of things to come.
- Favorite Song: Humpty Dumpty, any excuse to fall down on purpose.
- Theme song: Na-Na-Na Nathan
- Favorite color: blue, to the point where he’ll cry if he doesnt get the blue cup or plates.
- Nathan definitely got my sweet tooth. He’s more particular when it comes to what he eats than Anthony. He’s still a pretty good eater though and his favorite meal is breakfast.
- Nathan loves to be naked. Most of the time when we’re playing in the backyard he’ll find some excuse to run around naked… our poor neighbors.
- Still obsessed with his “B B”, a blue blanket he’s had since hew as a baby. He’s not attached to any stuffed animals.
- I don’t know where this boy finds his energy. He’s always running at full speed. Luckily he’s not as fast as Anthony.
- Nathan got my sweet tooth. He will do almost anything for a little sugar.
… did I mention they’re going to be the BEST big brothers?!?
- Steve and I are holding in there but borderline nerve breakdowns every few days. We’re so nervous about having another set of twins. I’m also pretty worried about my ever growing belly. The boys are already faster than me and in combination with their inability to listen… is scary.
- I got a new job at IBM and am loving it within the Commerce organization. The days so by so fast. I got a few external recognitions lately, most recently being named one of Fast Companies 100 Most Creative People of 2015.
- We’re slowly crossing things off our things to do around the house and getting ready for the next wave of kiddos. We plan on putting them in the basement (along with us) so they’re far enough away from the boys that they don’t wake them up in the night. We gave away our huge tv and put our couch in the attic. Lots of room for cribs now.
The boys are 15 months old. It is super hard to get a picture of them together especially when an adult is NOT holding them. I bribed them with cookies so the pictures are mostly of them shoving the cookies in their faces.
Here are some of the fun things the boys are doing right now:
- Waving hello and goodbye
- Pointing to body parts. Ex. Nose, tongue, hair, teeth, belly buttons
- Going and getting whatever you ask them for. ex. Cows, balls, books, shoes, water bottles.
- They mimic everything Steve and I do like throwing balls at the basketball hoop, lounging on the lovesac, turning on the tv.
- Favorite TV show… Word World. They can make it at least 5 minutes into an episode before they lose focus. They don’t really watch TV much though.
- They no longer walk, they run-wobble around.
- Favorite thing to do: They LOVE reading books. They both will grab a book and bring it over and then keep bringing books over until there is a queue of 4 or 5 before they’ll sit in your lap to listen in.
- They are still in size 4 diapers but we have used 5 as well.
- Ann is still our nanny and is doing all sorts of fun crafts with the boys. Like playing with pom poms and scribbling on paper. Their current masterpieces are on the fridge.
- They love being in the water, taking baths and going swimming at the Y. Although sometimes we joke that they are little koala bears with how they cling to us.
- They are big boys drinking out of Sassy grow up cups. They’re the cups that are transition from sippy cups to real cups. Highly recommend!++ http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Count-Purple-Orange-Ounce/dp/B0062BVY42/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392575942&sr=8-2&keywords=sassy+grow+up+cup
- Talking/blabbing. Mostly Nathan has different sounds for different words. But this morning Anthony said “Bah” when pointing to a banana. The pediatrician says that counts as words.
- They love to sleep. They’re still sleeping from 7 pm to 7:30 or 8 am. Their naps are cut down to once a day… sometimes we can get a second nap out of just one kid. If we put them both down in the afternoon they just sit and talk to each other.
- The boys like to stack their toys and put smaller toys inside bigger toys.
- Vaccines this month: DTAP & HIB… Nathan had a horrible reaction of puking everywhere that all of the dr’s said was the stomach flu.
- Height: 30 3/4″ (48%)
- Weight: 23lbs 6oz (40%)
- Head Circumference: (18 1/2″ (50%)
- Favorite food: everything but he really likes cheeses.
- Easiest way to get Anthony to laugh: tickle his toes or run and jump with your arms out and a big smile.
- Anthony is a master manipulator. He knows how to get what he wants. One minute he’ll be in a fit of laughter and the next he’s in tears.
- Height: 29 3/4″ (11%)
- Weight: 20lbs 15oz (8%)
- Head Circumference: 18 1/2″ (50%)
- Favorite food: fish.
- Favorite meal of the day, breakfast.
- Easiest way to get Nathan to laugh: throw him in the air. He likes to roughhouse.
- Nathan will hold onto the last piece of food forever. For example, they’ll get these little bisquit treats (the ones in the picture) and Nathan will keep the last bit of his forever which drives Anthony bonkers. He even likes to take naps with the cookie.
- Nathan’s personality hasn’t changed much. He’s still super curious, tough, and very independent.
Today it snowed for the first time this winter. The boys enjoyed looking out the window as all the snow poured down. It was peaceful and relaxing.
…what wasn’t peaceful was the 3 different groups of people ringing our doorbell to ask if they could shovel our walk. Each time was horrible timing as the boys were going down for naps. Finally Steve went out and shoveled just so people would stop ringing our doorbell.
Needless to say, it was a rough day at the DeLuca house. Lack of sleep and teething is not a pretty combination.
While vising Montana we got to spend some quality time with my best friend from home, Mandy Needham and her beautiful family. Miss you already Mandy!
Finna has grown up into such a fun little girl. She has the best personality and commands the room. At Mark’s house the boys were listening to her every word:
… this is how Anthony felt about girls touching him…