And just like that… the girls are 9 months old. This month we spent 2 weeks in Florida with my family. I love these girls so much. They are the sweetest babies. Both of them only cry when something is seriously wrong with them. It was tougher than usual to get photos this month because the girls are always wanting to be on the go.
- Diapers: still in size 4 diapers
- Changing diapers has become a game. I always have to give them a toy to “hold” before I start otherwise they’re twisting and turning and it becomes impossible.
- Night: still waking up every 3 hours. Every now and then I get a good night for one of them but then the other one wakes up in between. We have yet to have both of them make it over 5 hours together. We’ve started just pacifying them during the first cry rather than me feeding them immediately. Before they’ve been so sick with various things that I felt like drinking more was a good thing.
- Both of their first words I’d say were “mama”. We wake up to them saying mama followed soon after by what sounds like “papa”.
- Favorite toy: Anything the boys are playing with. They’ve really enjoyed chewing on the magne-blocks.
- Height: 28
- Weight: 19 lbs
- Head Circumference: 17 1/4
- Emily has a tooth! One of her bottom teeth have poked through
- Emily not only is crawling but she’s starting to pull herself up on things too.
- Emily is more serious than Olivia. She gets scared in elevators and dark corners. On the beach when the waves were coming in as we sat in the sand she’d cry whereas Olivia would laugh.
- Ems doesn’t get as upset when Olivia takes a toy that she is playing with.
- One thing Emily does get angry about is someone standing in the way of something she wants. I can no longer breastfeed her with my computer on the bed or even my cellphone nearby, she’ll refuse to eat and run after it. I think she’s going to be an engineer.
- Emily’s favorite person is Anthony. The two of them are thick as thieves. Just looking at him makes her laugh.
- Emily doesn’t like to eat as much during the day. Her feedings are typically pretty quick, only 3 – 5 minutes and she then is ready to be off doing something. She is a curious busy girl.
- Emily is more of a talker than O.
- Height: 27 3/4″ (50th percentile)
- Weight: 1 lbs (25th percentile)
- Head circumference: 17″ (28th percentile)
- Olivia doesn’t have any teeth yet
- She’s not quite crawling yet. She can get anywhere fast but she doesn’t use her legs. She army crawls with just her arms. It’s really cute.
- Olivia is starting to get stranger danger more so than Emily. But they still are pretty good around other people.
- Olivia gets so angry when Emily or anyone else takes something she wants.
- Olivia still eats during the day but is also speedy, only 5 minutes or so and she’s done.
- Olivia doesn’t make talking noises as much as she gurgles, clicks her tongue, and blows bubbles.
- Olivia is really skinny. It’s cute to see the girls together with how different their body types are. Emily has a big round bum like Steve and Olivia takes after my skinny side of the family.
- We are still loving Paty. The girls and the boys. The boys refuse to go to bed without Paty kissing them good night and look forward to playing in their “fire boats” with her.
- We aren’t doing that good. Having an infant is hard, having two is even harder.