Today marks the girls 1/2 birthday. They are growing up way too fast. So much faster than the boys did. It’s probably because of the chaos of having four children under the age of four but the girls have spent a lot of time watching their older brothers… and laughing at them.
- Size 3 diapers
- The girls went on their first flight this month. I took them and Paty with me to Las Vegas for a conference. I was there for the entire week and couldn’t see myself surviving pumping so it was easier to bring the girls and feed them between conference talks and sessions. We even made the news: http://www.businessinsider.com/ibm-employee-brings-baby-to-conference-2016-3
- Favorite thing to do: JUMP! The jumperoo and another jumping playyard that we borrowed from the Meyers has been so much fun for the girls. They literally jump for hours with big smiles on their faces.
- Eating every three hours during the day and every 3 – 4 hours at night. I’m sooo ready for them to start sleeping through the night. That being said they are the best babies. It takes about 7 minutes to feed them and then they fall asleep on me and Steve carries them back to their cribs.
- They’ve tried solids – mostly rice cereal, carrots, and apples
- The girls get sooo distracted nursing these days. A quiet place away from lights, sounds *cough brothers cough*, and moving things is the best choice for a nursing spot. Even if Paty is in the room they (especially Olivia) will stop nursing and just grin at her.
- They can now both roll both ways: back to front and front to back.
- They are starting to notice each other a lot. They’re always grabbing at each other. Which sometimes results in a few tears when hair is being pulled. It’s almost like they are an extension of each other. Emily’s arm is also Olivia’s third arm.
- At there 6 month checkup they got 2 shots: DTAP, IPV, HIB, Prevnar -13
- Height:26 1/4″ (51%)
- Weight: 16 lbs 9 oz (60%)
- Head Circumference: 17″ (75%)
- Emily is every day more of her daddy’s little meatball than she was the day before. She is getting so big and round. I love it when she grabs her feet and curls into a little ball.
- Emily has Nathan’s eyes. The color is gorgeous! I’m so glad one of the girls got his magnificent eyes.
- Emily is always chatting.
- Height: 26″ (50%)
- Weight: 15 lbs 3 oz (27%)
- Head Circumference: 16 3/4″ (52%)
- So happy, Olivia is always smiling/grinning and laughing. If she is sad something is definitely wrong. She reminds me of how Nathan was as a baby.
- Olivia has Anthony’s eyes. I love their shape, they are beautiful.
- Olivia has started to do this clicking sound with her tongue. I think she is mimicking Paty because sometimes Paty will do that towards the girls.
- I still have my linea nigra, it’s very very faint though. Almost gone.
- I’m wasting away. I weighed myself this morning and I’m 123 lbs. That is much smaller than I was in high school. I think it’s time to get the girls on solids so I can gain some muscles back.
- My hair is no longer falling out! It’s even starting to grow back in a few places. Phew! I was worried I was thinning out too much.
- Steve took the liberty of removing all chances of additional children. Despite my complaints he went ahead and got a vasectomy. So now every first moment with the girls is also my last-first which makes every moment that much bigger.
- Everything is going great with our au pair, Paty. We love her. It’s hard to believe she’s only been here for 2 months, seems like she’s been part of the family forever.
- The girls aren’t speaking Portuguese… yet.
- The boys are still going to school until 3 pm and hanging out with Miss Alissa until 6. We definitely have a ton of help with the kids which makes it easier to enjoy the precious moments we have with them. Speaking of we got a membership to Port Discovery, the childrens museum in Baltimore, and they LOVE it. It’s fun to watch them sprint to all the different activities.