I’m 36 weeks today. This is exactly how far along i was when the boys were born. It’s hard to imagine going another two weeks. I feel like I’ve been stretched as far as I can go. We have a cesarean section scheduled for September 8th so I’ll be 37w6d when the girls arrive.
- My knees are starting to feel the extra weight especially when getting up from a sitting position.
- My blood pressure is slowly rising but not nearly as bad as with the boys. It’s been around 120/70 this past week.
- I don’t walk anymore. ..it’s more of a waddle. I throw my weight from side to side to move forward.
- Getting out of bed to pee in the middle of the night is fun. I roll onto my left side and then put my weight on my left arm as leverage to get off the mattress.
- My ribs are killing me but I don’t feel kicks against them.
- My lower back has been screaming at me today.
- My belly button is slightly off center to the right. I think it’s because that’s where the girls heads are.
- I’ve been a little stressed lately trying to figure out how I can possibly do all the things I need to do for work and home before the girls get here. Thank goodness my mother is here to help us around the house.
- I’ve gained about 30 pounds this pregnancy.
- I’m scared of having another csection.
Despite what looks like a lot of complaints I’m feeling pretty good. The evenings are a lot worse than the mornings and I feel like I could easily go another month. However, most doctors don’t let twins go past 38 weeks…
Today i convinced Steve to take some maternity pictures of me with the boys. I’ll be 33 weeks next Wednesday so the girls are about the same gestational age as the boys were when Tiffany came to visit and took pictures of us. I really wanted a picture of the boys giving my belly a hug and kisses but that didn’t quite work out. Hard to believe we have less than 5 weeks to go…
Bloopers (Nate being his funny self):
One of the biggest differences I’ve noticed between these two pregnancies was how much I can feel the girls moving. Especially at night they are always squirming around. I can even see the movement from the outside which I never remember seeing with the boys.
Here’s a video from 22 weeks (almost a month ago):
This morning Steve and I went in for the twins anatomy scan. They both looked great. Nothing too exciting to report. They both seemed a little shy and/or tired with their arms up covering their faces. They were still positioned almost like they were on bunk beds with Baby B being pushed up to my chest by Baby A from down below. There seemed to be a lot of kicking and random feet in other baby’s faces during most of the scan. The ultrasound tech did manage to get a couple good profile pictures though. Baby A measured 8 oz. with a heart beat of 150 bpm. Baby B measured 9 oz. with a heartbeat of 155 bpm. Very close to what the boys measured. The ultrasound tech let Steve take a video once everything looked okay.
We had her put their genders in an envelop so we’ll do our little gender reveal today and share the results. I’m 18w5d (according to the adjusted date) but based on lmp I’m 18w2d.
Here’s a picture of my belly from Saturday:
Today was the first day someone noticed I was pregnant before I told them. Our cleaning lady finished cleaning the house and came to tell me. On her way down the stairs she commented “You’re pregnant?!?”. …I love the fact that I’m starting to look like I have a bump and not just that I’m bloated. I am almost 17 weeks.
Here’s a picture of me at 15 weeks with my second set of twins. My belly definitely “popped” at 13 weeks.
Differences in this pregnancy:
- I don’t remember getting nose bleeds with the boys but I have gotten them a handful of times this pregnancy.
- My boobs are bigger. It’s almost like they got stretched out from all the breastfeeding that when I got pregnant again they went back to where they were while breatfeeding.
- No throwing up… yet. I’m probably in the clear since I’m already in the second trimester.
- Extreme exhaustion for the first trimester. I know I was tired with the boys but I don’t remember being that tired. Part of the exhaustion might be also dealing with toddler twins. My energy has increased over the last two weeks, though.
I just looked in the mirror and noticed my bump is definitely visible. I said “whoa” out loud as I walked by. Definitely pregnant!
We managed to get a final belly photo before the boys arrived. 35w5d.
Even though we’re in the hospital we still managed to bring our camera and get a photo of my 34w5d belly. It’s a little hidden by the giant hospital gown they’ve got me in.
33w6d belly! We were a day late with our pic but had the most productive last few days thanks to my friend Tiffany’s amazing help…. more later… off to watch the debate with Steve.