The girls are 5 months old!! Time is flying by. These girls are the best babies. They are so sweet and easy. …now to get them to sleep through the night. We’re still feeding them about every 3 hours through the night which is getting tiring. Especially since I feel like they have regressed, at one point Emily was going up to 6 hours.
- They are wearing size 2 diapers. I ordered way too many diapers off of Amazon because with the boys we were changing them during every feeding at night to wake them up so we went through way more diapers. They should probably move up to a size 3 here pretty soon.
- Speaking of diapers, they are both in a routine where they poop once every 3 days or so.
- They are FAST eaters. They are typically done within 6 minutes of us starting.
- They get distracted easily. This makes it tough having two older brothers who don’t understand being quiet. I typically have to bring the girls into another room upstairs away from the chaos while they eat or they won’t stay attached.
- They don’t seem even close to crawling but they are somehow moving around… mostly in circles. If they are interested in a toy on the floor they will typically find a way to get to it.
- They haven’t really gotten into a schedule for naps during the day. It’s still whenever they feel sleepy. Sometimes they sleep for an hour and sometimes it’s only 15 to 20 minutes.
- They both love their brothers and their brothers love them. The girls like to watch the boys and the boys go out of their way to try to make their sisters laugh. Their giggles are adorable.
- Emily is a little more serious when she is eating. She enjoys the social aspect of snuggling near me and will stay on me as long as I allow her. I become a human pacifier at some point.
- Emily is a little dude. Out of our four children she seems the most interested in watching football with Steve. She always makes a huge burp after eating and she could give Steve a run for his money in loud toots.
- Emily doesn’t roll over as much as Olivia on tummies but I have seen her do it.
- Olivia gets super distracted while she eats. She tends to try to lock eyes with me and when our eyes meet she disconnects and has the biggest smile on her face. It’s hard not to laugh and I have to force myself not to look at her. It’s adorable.
- She is also always the first to finish eating. She drains the milk super fast.
- Because Olivia gets distracted easily she also gets frustrated when she’s not in the mood for noises. When we’re putting the girls and boys down for bed she can get herself worked up pretty quickly if her brothers are making too much noise.
- Olivia loves to roll over. If we put the two of them on tummy time within a few seconds she has rolled over.
- It’s been a month with Paty!! We love her. She immediately became part of her family and has made life so much easier. Just having that extra set of hands has been huge. Don’t get Steve and I started with the ridiculous snow day policy in Baltimore, but of the 6 days that the boys had off school from snow it was nice to have her help.
- Steve and I have been able to have some time just the two of us for date nights on Friday evenings. Lately it has felt like Steve takes the boys and I’m with the girls which makes it hard for us to have time for each other. Having a couple hours to go out and enjoy a nice quiet meal and catch up has been so nice. Paty++.