Last Friday was Ann’s last day with the boys. She’s been watching them for about 2 years!! Unfortunately we had to say goodbye to full-time Ann as the boys got accepted into preschool at Cedarcroft school and start this coming Thursday, September 3rd. She has a new job lined up with another family nearby and promises to come visit all the time. We’re going to hold her to it!
I don’t think the boys fully understood that Ann wasn’t going to be watching them anymore but we’re trying to distract them by talking up how much fun they will have at school. We are all going to miss you Ann!!
I’m 36 weeks today. This is exactly how far along i was when the boys were born. It’s hard to imagine going another two weeks. I feel like I’ve been stretched as far as I can go. We have a cesarean section scheduled for September 8th so I’ll be 37w6d when the girls arrive.
- My knees are starting to feel the extra weight especially when getting up from a sitting position.
- My blood pressure is slowly rising but not nearly as bad as with the boys. It’s been around 120/70 this past week.
- I don’t walk anymore. ..it’s more of a waddle. I throw my weight from side to side to move forward.
- Getting out of bed to pee in the middle of the night is fun. I roll onto my left side and then put my weight on my left arm as leverage to get off the mattress.
- My ribs are killing me but I don’t feel kicks against them.
- My lower back has been screaming at me today.
- My belly button is slightly off center to the right. I think it’s because that’s where the girls heads are.
- I’ve been a little stressed lately trying to figure out how I can possibly do all the things I need to do for work and home before the girls get here. Thank goodness my mother is here to help us around the house.
- I’ve gained about 30 pounds this pregnancy.
- I’m scared of having another csection.
Despite what looks like a lot of complaints I’m feeling pretty good. The evenings are a lot worse than the mornings and I feel like I could easily go another month. However, most doctors don’t let twins go past 38 weeks…
I’m 35 weeks pregnant today and feeling it!
I have another NST this Friday but no appointments with my doctor until next Friday. I’ve decided to stay at Mercy. Mostly because GBMC refused to take me back but I also liked the doctors more at Mercy. I was hoping to go back to GBMC for a c-section since it was closer to our home and their c-section rates are a lot higher which means they are likely used to seeing all sorts of complications and would be able to handle whatever happens during the surgery.
This week is the week of “35”. I was named to MIT’s 2015 list of 35 Innovators under 35. So honored to make the list!