Anthony is so good at getting what he wants. This morning he wanted a bite of yogurt so he started crying. A single tear comes streaming down his face and he throws his arms above his head like a little prince. I told Steve we need to get some grape leaves to fan him while he eats.
Nathan is like… “um… what’s his deal”
Nathan has his molars!!! I don’t know how long they have been there but Ann brought Nathan into my room today and showed me ‘something cool’. Nathan had two new teeth. Molars on the top. One on the left and another on the right. He now has 6 upper and 3 lower teeth. I thought for sure his next tooth was going to be the other lower one to even out his current set so I wasn’t even looking for other teeth. How exciting!!
The boys are 15 months old. It is super hard to get a picture of them together especially when an adult is NOT holding them. I bribed them with cookies so the pictures are mostly of them shoving the cookies in their faces.
Here are some of the fun things the boys are doing right now:
- Waving hello and goodbye
- Pointing to body parts. Ex. Nose, tongue, hair, teeth, belly buttons
- Going and getting whatever you ask them for. ex. Cows, balls, books, shoes, water bottles.
- They mimic everything Steve and I do like throwing balls at the basketball hoop, lounging on the lovesac, turning on the tv.
- Favorite TV show… Word World. They can make it at least 5 minutes into an episode before they lose focus. They don’t really watch TV much though.
- They no longer walk, they run-wobble around.
- Favorite thing to do: They LOVE reading books. They both will grab a book and bring it over and then keep bringing books over until there is a queue of 4 or 5 before they’ll sit in your lap to listen in.
- They are still in size 4 diapers but we have used 5 as well.
- Ann is still our nanny and is doing all sorts of fun crafts with the boys. Like playing with pom poms and scribbling on paper. Their current masterpieces are on the fridge.
- They love being in the water, taking baths and going swimming at the Y. Although sometimes we joke that they are little koala bears with how they cling to us.
- They are big boys drinking out of Sassy grow up cups. They’re the cups that are transition from sippy cups to real cups. Highly recommend!++ http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Count-Purple-Orange-Ounce/dp/B0062BVY42/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392575942&sr=8-2&keywords=sassy+grow+up+cup
- Talking/blabbing. Mostly Nathan has different sounds for different words. But this morning Anthony said “Bah” when pointing to a banana. The pediatrician says that counts as words.
- They love to sleep. They’re still sleeping from 7 pm to 7:30 or 8 am. Their naps are cut down to once a day… sometimes we can get a second nap out of just one kid. If we put them both down in the afternoon they just sit and talk to each other.
- The boys like to stack their toys and put smaller toys inside bigger toys.
- Vaccines this month: DTAP & HIB… Nathan had a horrible reaction of puking everywhere that all of the dr’s said was the stomach flu.
- Height: 30 3/4″ (48%)
- Weight: 23lbs 6oz (40%)
- Head Circumference: (18 1/2″ (50%)
- Favorite food: everything but he really likes cheeses.
- Easiest way to get Anthony to laugh: tickle his toes or run and jump with your arms out and a big smile.
- Anthony is a master manipulator. He knows how to get what he wants. One minute he’ll be in a fit of laughter and the next he’s in tears.
- Height: 29 3/4″ (11%)
- Weight: 20lbs 15oz (8%)
- Head Circumference: 18 1/2″ (50%)
- Favorite food: fish.
- Favorite meal of the day, breakfast.
- Easiest way to get Nathan to laugh: throw him in the air. He likes to roughhouse.
- Nathan will hold onto the last piece of food forever. For example, they’ll get these little bisquit treats (the ones in the picture) and Nathan will keep the last bit of his forever which drives Anthony bonkers. He even likes to take naps with the cookie.
- Nathan’s personality hasn’t changed much. He’s still super curious, tough, and very independent.
I’ve been struggling with posting to the blog lately but I have been okay on instagram and taking videos with my phone. So here are some random pictures from the past few weeks
Anthony and Nathan LOVE their basketball hoop. They both have started throwing the balls towards the hoop like mommy and daddy do:
The boys were pretty sad to see the Steelers didn’t make it to the superbowl. Oh wait, no one told them. They sported their jerseys anyways.
Nathan and Anthony are so helpful with tasks around the house. Here’s Nathan helping me fluff the LoveSac
These boys are still best buds. Even though they whine here and there about sharing toys… in general they just want to be with each other.
My kickstarter campaign was successfully funded on Feb 1st! So I’ve been working to get the book finalized as well as write the animated ebook version.
An afternoon stroll with mommy and daddy
We joined the YMCA so that the boys could go swimming! We were even able to get Ann on our membership since she is under 24 years old. It has the cutest little kids area (shown below) that squirts water at them and has a water slide.