I’ve got my normal new years resolutions like getting an average of 10,000 steps a day and the resolution with my mom about wine/sugar, but another resolution I’m excited about is I want to go the whole year where I’m not the first to pull away from a hug with my kiddos.
Yesterday was my last day breastfeeding the boys. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t tear up. I had reduced our feedings from 3 times a day to twice a day then just the mornings. I’m so proud of the three of us making it 14.5 months!! I’m going to miss looking down and seeing the little heart the three of us would make. The way the boys would curl in their inner arms and almost hold hands… the way they’d laugh at each other and I was forced to hold one of their arms back so they wouldn’t poke each other in the eye. I’m going to miss when Nathan finishes first and looks up at me with a huge grin and how Anthony always has to double check Nathan’s side to see if any drop was left behind. I’m going to miss hearing their excitement when Steve went into their rooms to wake them up and bring them to me in the mornings. Most of all I’m going to miss that bonding time and the closeness of breast feeding; snuggling in with my boys and the incomparable feeling of serenity, peace, and the power of being the solution to most tears. Breastfeeding twins was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done in the beginning but after that initial period it has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.
That being said… it sure was nice waking up this morning and being able to wear a normal bra and shirt again. I am going to enjoy this new found freedom.
Happy New Year everyone!
Last year went by faster than any other year that I can remember. It was an absolute blur.
We spent over $500 on diapers and the boys went through over 2,800 diapers. Which comes out to a little over 7 diapers a day. So we’ll dub 2013 the Year of the Diapers.
Other highlights from 2013:
- The boys are eating anything and everything. Solids solids solids. They are awesome eaters
- They are both walking.
- They go up and DOWN the stairs.
- They both say mama and dada. Nathan also says Dog. It’s his first official word. Which is perfect since his middle name is Douglas. So sometimes we call him Nate Doug.
- They love to read. Anthony loves to turn the pages of the books. He almost violently slaps at each page.
- The boys have other ways of letting us know what they want, usually it’s through pointing, crying/throwing a fit, or getting really excited. You should see Nathan when we start washing berries!
A few resolutions for the new year:
- Don’t make the boys get shots the week of their Birthday.
- Remove the pacifier… this is more my resolution than Steve’s. They only use paci’s at nighttime and naps but I’d like to get them out of the picture before the boys can say “paci”.
- See family more, even if it’s only through facetime.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2014!
The boys favorite new thing to do is to feed Gracie… It is frustrating. She is getting fat.
The boys went 13 hours between eating last night and slept for almost 12 hours. They went to bed at their normal 7 pm and we didn’t wake them when we went to sleep. They slept until 6:30 in the morning. How awesome is that?!?
Here’s some updates on the boys:
- Anthony went from not crawling at all to full on moving everywhere this past Saturday.
- Nathan and Anthony crawl in what Keri calls “packs”. They’re always together going after the same toy. Phew! I was worried they were going to go opposite ways. Their slow motion moving is adorable.
- Nathan doesn’t like Anthony’s new found freedom. Nathan throws hissy fits when Anthony tries to take his toy. He’ll throw his head back, scream, and kick his legs. Eeek, need to nip that one in the butt quickly!
- Nathan moves along the edges of the couches, people, and walls. He’s a little spiderman.
- Steve taught him how to get himself down from a standing position so he has less bruises, he’ll just slowly go down to a squatting position and then plop on his butt.
- Anthony waves!!
- Grandma Seacat left us. *tear* The boys cried all evening but we are so lucky she has gotten to spend so much time with them this year.
Last night I fed the boys at 6 pm and they went to bed at 7. Anthony woke up hungry around 9:30 and we decided not to wake up Nathan. At 2:30 am Steve and I both woke up thirsty and the boys were still fast asleep. I was about to pump to see how long the boys could go but Steve decided to wake them up to feed them. Then they slept until 7:30. Pretty amazing… each night keeps getting better. *knock on wood*
…. worried about teething.
Steve and I invested in some black out curtains for the nursery in hopes that it’ll help the boys sleep better during the night. Tonight is going to be day 2 of our little experiment.
The boys were amazing last night. I fed Anthony around 6:30 pm and Nathan around 9:30. They didn’t wake up again until 2:30 am!! That’s 8 hours for Anthony. Then they both didn’t get up to eat again until around 7. …That’s only one time during the night, I can handle that. Thank you boys!!